A Day in the Life: 7-11 years
12 September 2020 - 17 October 2020
Our weekly Zoom hosted drama classes for 7 - 11 years return for the autumn term
What Is It?
An online drama and performance skills class over 6 weeks, hosted on Zoom, taking you on a virtual tour of our neighbourhood.
A Day in the Life will take you on a virtual tour of our neighbourhood. Each week you will meet a new, local, friendly face and find out what they do for a day of the week. You will learn about what they like to cook, eat, listen to and do with their free time, all whilst acting out scenarios from their day as you imagine it.
Get ready to make some new friends and to know your neighbourhood even better, all from the comfort of your own home via Zoom!
A Day in the Life is part of our Activate Your Rebellion season, where we challenge you to embrace your local community and look at how we can action positive change.
Please note that this class takes place digitally via Zoom.
On The Day
The class runs from 11.15am – 12.15pm
- Logging on, rules & safeguarding
- Warm up exercises
- A Day in the Life activities
How to Book & Participate
- Click the 'book now' button and complete your purchase online (please note our phone lines are closed due to the pandemic, please direct any enquiries to Nina at: [email protected])
- Download Zoom on your device well in advance of your session and complete your account set up: https://zoom.us/home
- The day before your class, you will receive an email with a Zoom link to join the session - including a password to safeguard participants. For evening classes you will receive log in info by 12 noon on the day of the event, for daytime classes you will receive the info by 5pm the previous day.
- If you have any problems, Zoom have a range of tools and 'how to' guides for getting started, how to set up your video and audio here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us
- Just before the class start time, the facilitator will start the meeting on Zoom and you can log in to the session via the link and password provided. Please aim to log in 5 mins before the start time of the class.
- Parents will need to log on for their children and use their full name. No-one else should be in the shot, taking pictures or recording. Children should wear comfortable clothing and be prepared to stay for the duration of the class.
- On classes with young people, the facilitator will 'lock the room' to ensure online safety once everyone has logged on. There will also be a 'waiting room' in operation where participants will wait to be admitted.
- During your session, it can be helpful to mute yourself whilst the facilitator is talking to avoid background noise.
- Download and read our Act & Play code of conduct document
If the class you wish to attend is appearing as sold out, please email Community Engagement Manager Nina Graveney-Edwards [email protected] to add yourself to the waiting list for future classes.