Activism in Performance: Script Course
17 September 2020 - 22 October 2020
Join our weekly Zoom-hosted script-based acting course online.
What Is It?
Develop your performance skills virtually over 6 weeks, studying and rehearsing excerpts of scripts from practitioners who use their medium for social change.
Using the platform of Zoom, be a part of an acting community online and use this term to research different practitioners such as Cardboard Citizens, Graeae, Akala, Kae Tempest and Good Chance Theatre. The final schedule of scripts you will be studying will be confirmed in due course.
Develop your skills with the help of professional actor and creative learning facilitator Amy Allen, and professional director and creative learning facilitatior Natasha Kathi-Chandra.
This course will act as an introduction to social activism within performance, with a view to using this research and development period to inform the work that you create in the next term.
Please note that this class takes place on Zoom.
Book for both Activism in Performance Devising course and Script Course to save - book both sessions for £15 (usually £20). Simply add both courses into your basket for the discount to apply when you check out.
How to Book & Participate
- Click the 'book now' button and complete your purchase online (please note our phone lines are closed due to the pandemic, please direct any enquiries to Nina at: [email protected])
- Download Zoom on your device well in advance of your session and complete your account set up: https://zoom.us/home
- The day before your class, you will receive an email with a Zoom link to join the session - including a password to safeguard participants. For evening classes you will receive log in info by 12 noon on the day of the event, for daytime classes you will receive the info by 5pm the previous day.
- If you have any problems, Zoom have a range of tools and 'how to' guides for getting started, how to set up your video and audio here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us
- Just before the class start time, the facilitator will start the meeting on Zoom and you can log in to the session via the link and password provided
- The facilitator will 'lock the room' to ensure online safety once everyone has logged on. There will also be a 'waiting room' in operation where participants will wait to be admitted.
- During your session, it can be helpful to mute yourself whilst the facilitator is talking to avoid background noise.
If the class you wish to attend is appearing as sold out, please email Community Engagement Manager Nina Graveney-Edwards [email protected] to add yourself to the waiting list for future classes.